1 – THE TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We may collect and hold information about you including (The kind of information we collect and hold about you will depend on the nature of your dealing with us):
- contact information and identification such as your name, address, phone number, email address and birth date;
- log in information including your username and password;
- payment and billing information including account or credit card information, billing and credit statements and other payment related information in connection with the purchase or our services
- information collected from marketing campaigns, product research, surveys and your interactions with us including via social media.
2 – HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- complete an order form or register to purchase any of our products or services.
- set up an account to access the App or the Webportal.
- interact with us whether in person, by email, phone, SMS, social media or in some other form of communication.
- respond to a survey or marketing communication.
- provide or upload information or you otherwise interact directly with the Webportal or the App.
- We do not generally collect sensitive information about individuals. Where we collect, use and disclose sensitive information about you, we will only do so where we have obtained your consent or the collection, use, or disclosure is permitted by law.
- In the course of providing our goods and services, we may indirectly collect personal information about you. We may combine or link this personal information with our own records of your personal information.
3 – ACTING ANONYMOUSLY
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us through the website anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, if you do not wish to provide particular information, or the information you provide is incorrect or inaccurate we may not be able to:
- provide you with our products or services.
- provide you with access to protected areas of our Webportal or App.
- respond to your inquiry or request.
4 – COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING
On our website, we do not currently use or enable
- Google Adwords or Google AdSense.
- Any other third party behavioural However, we may do so in the future.
- If we decide to use or enable cookies or online tracking in the future, we will honour any “Do Not Track” browser mechanisms you have put in place.
5 – PURPOSE OF COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our business, which includes but is not limited to
- providing you with our products and services including associated processing.
- providing assistance and customer support.
- providing account maintenance including resetting the password on your account.
- following up on your correspondence and providing additional information as requested by you
- administering and managing our relationship with you including setting up the software at the participating school and providing access to the App or the Webportal.
- responding to an inquiry or request.
- resolving disputes or addressing complaints.
- operating our website, the Webportal and the App.
- identifying, and informing you of, offers, events, products and services that may be of interest to you (where you have not opted out of receiving direct marketing).
- disclosing business-related data and information (including personal information) to potential buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, insolvency, liquidation, or similar proceedings
- internal purposes such as administrative, marketing, planning, procedural assessments, risk management, product and service development, quality control, staff training, research, accounting and billing purposes.
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted or required by law.
6 – WHO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We sometimes employ other companies and individuals to perform services for us. We may share your personal information with, or receive information from these parties, who have agreed to hold this information in confidence, not use it for any purpose except to carry out the requested service, and honour our privacy and security policies in the way this information is handled.
- technology providers.
- mailing houses.
- electronic network administrators
- debt collection agencies;
- lawyers, accountants and business advisors.
- credit card processing companies.
- where required by law
- debt collection agencies;
7 – STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- If any personal information that we hold is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected and no applicable law requires us to retain that information, we will take reasonable steps to de-identify or destroy the information.
- We take your privacy and security seriously. For this reason, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is secure and may only be accessed by authorised persons.
- Where we store your personal information electronically in our database, we use secure servers and there are restrictions as to who has access to that information through password protection.
- Any credit card or account information which we hold is encrypted and accessed via a secure gateway.
- We regularly assess the risk of misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of personal information, and take measures to address those risks including scanning regularly for malware and other malicious programs. We are committed to handling any suspected or actual data breach expeditiously, and will notify the individual(s) affected, or likely to be affected, as well as the relevant privacy authority in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- In the unlikely event that we need to investigate or resolve problems or enquiries, we can (and you authorise us to do so) disclose any personal information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our discretion or as may be required under law, believe necessary or appropriate. In these cases, we will notify you in writing.
- Although we take reasonable steps, we are not responsible for third party circumvention of security measures on our electronic databases or at any of our premises. We are also not responsible for unlawful access or interception by a third party of any transmissions or private communications.
- Accordingly, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant, and do not warrant, the security, privacy or confidentiality of any information, including personal information that you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Further, we cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will access your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorised access to your information.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and for any account information. Accordingly, please be careful and responsible with your personal information, whenever you are online.